FPV racing is taking the RC scene by storm and this development is allowing us to stretch our imagination in design concept. The concept of TheX has been inspired by Julian, who I thank – it would not have come alive without him.
The principles of the design are simple:
– light weight – approx 120g
– strong – needs to be able to take abuse
– small footprint = minimal drag
– 5″ & 6″ propeller arm option
210mm diagonal to swing 5″ propeller or 233mm diagonal for 6″ propeller, one of the smallest footprints possible.
Minimal hardware to keep weight down without using strength compromising Nylon – all Aluminium standoffs and High Tensile Bolts.
– use flight camera of choice – board camera such as PZ0420 (or similar) or remove mounting plate and use popular small cased 25×25 camera such as HS1177
– removable “tower” should you prefer to use it for pure Acro LOS flying
– strap point for Mobius, RunCam or GoPro sized camera
Optimised for SPRacing F3, Naze32 and CC3D size Flight controllers (30.5×30.5 mounting)
Mounting point for XT60 connector – no trailing battery wires to snarl your props
16×19 motor mounting pattern for 22xx motor series
High quality material, 3K Twill Matte Carbon Fibre 4mm arms and 2mm plates